Who We Are
Capital Carers (formerly known as North West Carers Centre) is a small grassroots organisation. Formed in 1997 by local Carers who wanted more local support.
We are registered in Scotland as Charity No. SCO27274 – non-profit making – and have been providing tailor-made services to carers of all ages and the people they care for, for over 20 years.
Areas we Cover
Based in The Prentice Centre, we offer services to Carers living in North West of Edinburgh. The areas we cover are the four Neighbourhood Partnerships; Inverleith, Forth, Western and Almond.
- Trinity & Boswell.
- Granton, Pilton, Drylaw and Muirhouse.
- Silverknowes, Davidson’s Mains, Cramond & Barnton.
- Clermiston, East Craigs & Corstorphine.
- Blackhall, Murrayfield, Roseburn & Ravelston.
- Comely Bank & Craigleith.
- South Queensferry, Kirkliston and Ratho Station.
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is that all carers in North West Edinburgh get the help and support they need to sustain their caring role.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality support for carers throughout the North West of Edinburgh, so that their stress and isolation is reduced.
Our service is carer-led, welcoming and attentive to individual needs.
- being able to provide an approachable friendly service;
- delivering a high quality person-centred service; and
- ensuring that we respond to individuals’ needs, wishes and beliefs.
Aims and Objectives
Our aim is to provide a high quality carer-led service which has carers at the centre of what we do. In doing this:
- We will be a carer-led organisation.
- We will listen to carers and respond according to their views and needs where possible.
- We will provide the kind of information carers need.
- We will facilitate carer access to information, support and services to enable them to maintain their caring role.
- We will provide services which are responsive and focussed on carer need.