About North West Carers
Who We Are
We are registered in Scotland as Charity No. SCO27274 – non-profit making – and have been providing tailor-made services to carers of all ages and the people they care for, for over nineteen years.
Areas we Cover
Based at the Prentice Centre, we offer services to Carers living in the geographic areas covered by the four Neighbourhood Patrnership areas of Inverleith, Forth, Western and Almond. These areas include: South Leith, Trinity, Granton, Corstorphine, Murrayfield, Roseburn, Cramond, Davidson’s Mains, Barnton, Craigleith, South Queensferry, Kirkliston and Ratho.
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision is that all carers in North West Edinburgh get the help and support they need to sustain their caring role.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality support for Carers throughout the North West of Edinburgh, so that their stress and isolation is reduced.
Our service is Carer-led, welcoming and attentive to individual needs.
- being able to provide an approachable friendly service;
- delivering a high quality person-centred service; and
- ensuring that we respond to individuals’ needs, wishes and beliefs.
Aims and Objectives
Our aim is to provide a high quality Carer-led service which has Carers at the centre of what we do. In doing this:
- We will be a Carer-led organisation.
- We will listen to Carers and respond according to their views and needs where possible.
- We will provide the kind of information Carers need.
- We will facilitate Carer access to information, support and services to enable them to maintain their caring role.
- We will provide services which are responsive and focussed on Carer need.
Services we provide
- One-to-One Support
- Home Visits
- Support Groups
- Dementia Services
- Adult Respite Services
- Young Carer Support Groups
- Young Carer School Support Services
- Information Services
- Help in Signposting you to other relevant Agencies
- Intergenerational Work
- Educational Courses
- Recreational groups, Trips and Outings
What we can do to help you?
Our trained and highly experienced staff team can provide you with a listening ear, one-to-one support as well as a range of support services which can not only enable you to support the person you care for and assist you in carrying out your caring responsibilities, but more importantly, ensure that you personally are looked after and have time for yourself.
To find out more, please get in touch using the details on our contact page.